CDFW Wildlife Branch 1812 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
Mourning Dove Banding Program - Volunteer Requirements
In order to participate in the Mourning Dove Banding Program volunteers must:
- Be comfortable and confident handling live birds.
- Attend an annual, mandatory training between March 1 and June 1 (contact volunteer coordinator for times and locations).
- Pass a skills evaluation exam.
- Be able to dedicate a substantial amount of time to maintain trapping sites and to trap doves (June 1 - August 20).
- Be willing to work in a group at a designated location.