Natural Resource Volunteer Program
Applying to be a Natural Resource Volunteer
(Updated April 8, 2013)
Thank you for your interest in the Department of Fish and Game Natural Resource Volunteer Program (NRVP). NRVP began operations in San Diego County in 2002 and was expanded to Orange County in 2003 and has already had a positive impact on the communities they serve.
Currently we are recruiting for both the Northern Enforcement District, North Coast District and Southern Enforcement District
- North Coast District Contact: Jeff Heitzenrater, Jeff.email@example.com, (831) 901-6375
- Northern Enforcement District contact: Lt. Liz Gregory, Liz.Gregory@wildlife.ca.gov, (916) 358-2877
- Southern Enforcement District contact: Lt. Kent Smirl, Kent.Smirl@wildlife.ca.gov
We are looking for people who enjoy working with people and enjoy the outdoors.
The selection process for the NRVP applicant will be based on successful completion of an application, interview and background check. Selected candidates will be required to attend and complete an 80-hour training course. We are currently recruiting for academies based out of CDFW offices in Los Alamitos, San Diego, Rancho Cordova, Yountville and Redding. We anticipate holding these academies this fall and winter.
A 6-month probation period including in-service training with experienced Volunteers will follow.
The application packet contains the following forms:
- Confidential Personal History Statement
- Authorization to Release Information Statement
- Incompatible Activities Statement
- NRVP Questionnaire
Mail application to applicable office:
- Northern California
CDFW Attn: Lt. Liz Gregory
1701 Nimbus Road
Rancho Cordova CA 95670
- Bay Area
CDFW Attn: Jeff Heitzenrater
20 Lower Ragsdale Road, Ste.100
Monterey, CA 93940
- Southern California
CDFW Attn: Lt. Kent Smirl
4665 Lampson Avenue
Los Alamitos, CA 90720