- About OSPR
- C-Plans, Drills & Exercises
- Financial Responsibility
- Legal & Regulations
- Marine Safety
- Local Government Outreach
- News & Publications
- Oil Spill Response Orgs.
- Restoration (NRDA)
- Science & Wildlife
Report Oil Spills
800-852-7550 or 800-OILS-911
Office of Spill Prevention
1700 K Street, Suite 250
Sacramento, CA 95811
- 2014 Henkel, L., Harris, M.D., Ames, J., Ford, R.G., Staedler, M., Tinker, M.T. Use of decoys to assess effectiveness of aerial surveys for sea otters. California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Office of Spill Prevention and Response Technical Report 14-2.
- 2014 Miller, M.A., Dodd, E., Batac, F. Young, C., Harris, M.D., Kunz, J., Henkel, L. Summary of Southern sea otter mortality investigations in 2013. California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Office of Spill Prevention and Response Technical Report 14-1.
- 2013 Miller, M.A., Dodd, E., Batac, F., Young, C., Harris, M.D., Kunz, J., Berberich, E., Henkel, L. Summary of Southern sea otter mortality investigations in 2012. California Department of Fish and Game, Office of Spill Prevention and Response Technical Report 13-1.
- 2012 Nevins, H.M., Young, C., Jessup, D.A. OWCN 2010-2011 Final Report: Validation of thermography to assess body temperature and waterproofing of captive and rehabilitated seabirds. Unpublished Report, Marine Wildlife Veterinary Care & Research Center, Santa Cruz, CA.
- 2011 Applied Marine Sciences, Inc, UC Davis, California Department of Fish and Game Marine Wildlife Veterinary Care & Research Center. Monitoring and Mitigation to Address Fecal Pathogen Pollution along Central California. Proposition 50 Coastal Management Program, California State Water Board Agreement No. 06-076-553.
- 2011 Nevins, HM, Benson, SR, Phillips, EM, de Marignac, J, deVolgelaere, A, Ames, J, Harvey, JT. Coastal Ocean Mammal and Bird Education and Research Surveys (BeachCOMBERS): ten years of monitoring the pulse of the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary, 1997 – 2007. Sanctuary Conservation Series. Published August 1, 2011.
- 2011 Nevins, H., Miller, M., Henkel, L., Jessup, D., Carion, N., Meteyer, C., Schuler, K., St. Leger, J., Woods, L., Skoglund, J., Jaques, D. Summary of unusual stranding events affecting Brown Pelican along the US Pacific Coast during two winters, 2008-2009 and 2009-2010. Unpublished Report, CDFG-OSPR Marine Wildlife Veterinary Care and Research Center, Santa Cruz, CA.
- 2011 Nevins, H., C. Young, C. Gibble, and J.T. Harvey. Chronic oil and seabirds. Unpublished Report, Moss Landing Marine Laboratories and CDFG-OSPR Marine Wildlife Veterinary Care and Research Center, Santa Cruz, CA.
- 2009 Adams, D., Press, D., Hester, M., Nevins, H., Roberts, D., Becker, Jensen, H., Flynn, E., Koenen, M., Allen, S. San Francisco Bay Area Network pinniped monitoring protocol: Version 3.02. Natural Resource Report NPS/SFAN/NRR—2009/170. National Park Service, Fort Collins, Colorado.
- 2008 Henkel, L.A., Peery, M.Z. Abundance and productivity of Marbled Murrelets off central California during the 2007 breeding season. Unpubl. Report for Command Trustee Council/California State Parks, Half Moon Bay, CA.
- 2007 Miller M.A., Dodd E., Ziccardi M., Jessup D.A., Crane D., Dominik C., Spies R., Hardin D. Persistent organic pollutant concentrations in southern sea otters (Enhydra Lutris Nereis): Patterns with respect to environmental risk factors and major causes of mortality. Final Report to California Water Quality Control Board. Proposition 13 Funding Initiative. 108pp.
- 1997 Jessup D.A. Oil spills and wildlife. Proceedings of the North American Veterinary Conference, pp 809-810.
- 1997 Jessup D.A. Oiled wildlife care as part of a comprehensive oil spill prevention and response program: Legal, political, and social justifications. Fifth International Effects of Oil on Wildlife Proceedings. pp 176-179.
- 1997 Jessup D.A., Mazet, J.A.K. Focusing on sea otters: The Santa Cruz oiled wildlife veterinary care and research center. Fifth International Effects of Oil on Wildlife Proceedings, pp 181-184. Reprinted 1998 in Proceedings of the International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council.
- 1997 Pattison, C.A., Harris, M.D., Wendell, F.E. Sea Otter, Enhydra lutris, Mortalities in California, 1968 through 1993. Calif. Fish and Game, Admin. Report 97-5.
- 1996 Wendell, F., Pattison, C. Harris, M. Sea otter, Enhydra lutris, containment management: field studies and feasibility assessment. Morro Bay, CA, California Department of Fish and Game Marine Resources Division, (Marine Resources Division Administrative Report, 96-5)
- 1986 Ames, J.A., Hardy, R.A., Wendell, F.E. A simulated translocation of sea otters, Enhydra lutris, with a review of capture, transport, and holding techniques. Cal. Fish and Game, Marine Resources Tech. Report No. 52.
- 1986 Wendell, F.E., Hardy, R.A., Ames, J.A. An assessment of the accidental take of sea otters, Enhydra lutris, in gill and trammel nets. Cal. Fish and Game, Marine Resources Tech. Report No. 54.
- 1986 Wendell, F.E., Hardy, R.A., Ames, J.A. A review of California sea otter, Enhydra lutris, surveys. Cal. Fish and Game, Marine Resources Tech. Report No. 51.
- 1974 Morejohn, G.V., Ames, J.A., Lewis, D.B. Post mortem studies of sea otters, Enhydra lutris L., in California. Marine Resources Tech. Report No. 30.
- 1984 Wendell, F.E., Ames, J.A., and Hardy, R.A. Pup dependency period and length of reproductive cycle: estimates from observations of tagged sea otters, Enhydra lutris, in California. California Fish and Wildlife 70: 89-100.
- 1974 Wild, P.W., Ames, J.A. A report on the sea otter, Enhydra lutris L., in California. Cal. Fish and Game, Marine Resources Tech. Report No. 20.
Web: Contact Web Editor
Page Last Updated: June 9, 2014