- About OSPR
- C-Plans, Drills & Exercises
- Financial Responsibility
- Laws & Regulations
- Marine Safety
- Local Government Outreach
- News & Publications
- Oil Spill Response Orgs.
- Restoration (NRDA)
- Science & Wildlife
Report Oil Spills
800-852-7550 or 800-OILS-911
Office of Spill Prevention
1700 K Street, Suite 250
Sacramento, CA 95811
2012 News Releases
- Ensuring California has the best: Oil Spill Management Team performance evaluated through new program
Spill Management Team drill in Richmond kicks off new program - A first-of-its-kind drill exercise for oil Spill Management Teams (SMT) kicked off today as part of a pilot program designed to evaluate how well these teams operate in California in the event of an oil spill.
- Fuel Dumped on Highway During Reality TV Show Results in Convictions
Fuel dump in Plumas County - A Plumas County court recently sentenced two people for illegally dumping waste fuel on a northern California highway. The crimes occurred during production of a television series called “Hell on the Highway: Highway Heroes.”
- Increase in oil spill drills maximizes California’s response readiness
Annual OSPR drills and exercises report - The Department of Fish and Game’s Office of Spill Prevention and Response (OSPR) increased the number of oil spill drills they conducted with industry last year by 13 percent.
- Cosco Busan Five Year Anniversary
Cosco Busan Five Year Anniversary - Cosco Busan Five Year Anniversary
- Information Packet Helps Marinas and Yacht Clubs Get Spill Information
Information for spills - State officials distributed information packets to marinas and yacht clubs to help them get needed information in the event of an oil spill. The packet includes an oil spill plan template, emergency contact numbers, oil spill response organization information, and much more in an easily accessible electronic document.
- Recovery Slows for California's Sea Otters 2012 Survey Shows
Sea otter survey for 2012 - The southern sea otter population continues its pattern of tepid recovery, according to the latest population survey led by U.S. Geological Survey, California Department of Fish and Game Office of Spill Prevention and Response and Monterey Bay Aquarium scientists.
- DFG to Co-Host Clean Pacific 2012 Conference
DFG to Co-Host Clean Pacific 2012 Conference - California Department of Fish and Game’s (DFG) Office of Spill Prevention and Response (OSPR) co-hosts the 2012 Clean Pacific Conference and Exposition, May 16-17 at the Long Beach Convention Center.
- California Department of Fish and Game offers grants for oil spill prevention and response studies. The deadline for applications is September 7, 2012. More information is available at http://1.usa.gov/IZ8AFW
DFG accepting applications for grants for Oil Spill Prevention and Response Studies - press release announcing grants available for Oil Spill Prevention and Response Studies