- About OSPR
- C-Plans, Drills & Exercises
- Financial Responsibility
- Laws & Regulations
- Marine Safety
- Local Government Outreach
- News & Publications
- Oil Spill Response Orgs.
- Restoration (NRDA)
- Science & Wildlife
Report Oil Spills
800-852-7550 or 800-OILS-911
Office of Spill Prevention
1700 K Street, Suite 250
Sacramento, CA 95811
Kinder-Morgan Suisun Marsh Oil Spill
- LOCATION: Suisun Marsh, near the southern terminus of Chadbourne Road, Solano County.
- DATE: April 27, 2004
- INCIDENT SUMMARY: A pipeline ruptured, spilling over 100,000 gallons of diesel directly into Suisun Marsh near Roos Cut.
- RESPONSIBLE PARTY: Kinder-Morgan Energy Partners, L.P.
- NATURAL RESOURCE TRUSTEES: California Dept. of Fish and Wildlife; United States Fish and Wildlife Service.
- RESOURCES IMPACTED: Brackish marsh habitat; marsh birds and wildlife (over 30 birds and mammals collected).
- SETTLEMENT DETAILS: The trustees settled the NRDA portion of the case for $1.15 million.
- STATUS OF RESTORATION: Planning and Implementation
- Kinder Morgan Suisun Marsh Final DARP (PDF)
- Invasive Perennial Pepperweed (Lepidium latifolium) Control on Grizzly Island Wildlife Area Complex (PDF)
Phone: (916) 324-9811
Page Last Updated: July 1, 2011