- Ocean Fishing
- Laws & Regulations
- Marine Protected Areas
- Fish Identification
- Permits & Licenses
- FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
- Marine Life Management & Research
- Marine Region Projects
Main Office: 20 Lower Ragsdale Drive, Suite 100
Monterey, CA 93940
Information: (831) 649-2870, AskMarine@wildlife.ca.gov
Commercial Fishing Regulations
- 2014-2015 California Commercial Fishing Digest
A summary of California commercial fishing regulations: All species.
Note: Marine protected area regulations updated, effective Oct. 1, 2014
- Federal Groundfish Regulations
Links to NOAA Fisheries (NMFS) website
A summary of federal commercial groundfish fishing regulations.
- Longnose Skate Sorting Requirements
New federal sorting requirements for longnose skate (Raja rhina) and new landing requirements for all skates.