- Ocean Fishing
- Laws & Regulations
- Marine Protected Areas
- Fish Identification
- Permits & Licenses
- FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
- Marine Life Management & Research
- What We Do
Main Office: 20 Lower Ragsdale Drive, Suite 100
Monterey, CA 93940
Information: (831) 649-2870, AskMarine@wildlife.ca.gov
Channel Islands MPAs: Report on the First 5 Years of Monitoring: 2003-2008
The California Department of Fish and Wildlife produced this report in collaboration with the Partnership for Interdisciplinary Studies of Coastal Oceans (PISCO), Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary, and Channel Islands National Park. The contributing authors are scientists from research institutions and government agencies who conducted biological and socioeconomic monitoring in the Channel Islands region. The report is based on preliminary results from selected projects conducted during the first 5 years of monitoring the Channel Islands marine protected areas (MPAs), presented by scientists at a public symposium in Oxnard, California, on February 7-8, 2008 . The selected projects relate to California Department of Fish and Wildlife priorities in the Channel Islands Marine Protected Areas Monitoring Plan.
All files require Adobe Reader.
Files sizes less than 1 MB unless otherwise noted.
- Full Document (5.0 MB)
- Channel Islands MPAs Background
- Biological and Habitat Monitoring (3.3 MB)
- Socioeconomic Monitoring (2.5 MB)
- Outreach and Education
- Special Session: The First Five Years of Monitoring the Channel Islands Marine Protected Area Network - February 7-8, 2008
- Thank You Ocean Podcast: Monitoring Marine Protected Areas in the Channel Islands