How to Renew Your Lifetime License
The lifetime license renewal process changed in 2011. You can now renew your license (at no cost of course) at any license agent, CA Department of Fish and Wildlife license sales office or through the Online License Service at www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/ols.
- If you renew your license at a license agent of CDFW office, having your previous license with you will speed the transaction, as the clerk can scan your license to retrieve your customer record and renew you license very quickly.
- If you renew you license online at www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/ols, log in using your last name, date of birth and GO ID (from your fishing or hunting license). Select "Purchase Licenses" from the menu near the top. Select your lifetime license and any other privileges you wish to renew (or purchase). After you have made all your selections, click on "Check Out" and complete the transaction. The transaction is not complete until you select "Submit Payment". After this you will receive a notice that the transaction is complete and your license will be mailed to you. At this time, you have the option to print a temporary license that is valid for 15 days. You can use your temporary license until your permanent license arrives in the mail.
Lifetime License Information
- What is a Lifetime License?
- Frequent Questions and Answers
- Lifetime License Fees and Application (PDF)
- Lifetime Sport Fishing License Renewal Notice
- Lifetime Hunting License Renewal Notice
Invest in the future of hunting and fishing by purchasing a lifetime license.