CDFW needs your harvest data to manage fish and wildlife populations in California. Information gathered from hunting tags and sport fishing report cards is important data needed by fish and wildlife biologists to support science based hunting and sport fishing seasons and sustainable quotas for harvest. This data is one of the critical components used to prepare the regulatory and environmental documents required for hunting and sport fishing programs. Because harvest and effort data is essential to fish and wildlife management, hunters and sport fisherman are required by regulation to report hunting tags and sport fishing report cards in a timely manner. For most species, you must report even if you were unsuccessful or did not hunt or fish.
Now, it is easier than ever to report your harvest:
- Report your harvest online, using the Online License Service; or
- Return your tag or report card via mail to the address printed on the report card or tag.
Important Information – Read before you report online
ALL SUCCESSFUL HUNTERS ARE STILL REQUIRED TO HAVE THEIR REPORT CARD COUNTERSIGNED IF REQUIRED FOR THAT SPECIES.
- Accurate and complete data is required. If you report online, all entries on the report card must be entered in the electronic form, including sport fishing reports of activity where no catches were made.
- Submission of report card data online must be completed within 20 minutes to avoid a system time out.
- Successful hunters may report harvest immediately. Unsuccessful hunters should report after the last day of the report card's validity.
- Sport fishing report cards may be reported online only after the last day of the report card's validity.
- If you report online, you do not need to mail in your report card. You will be issued a report confirmation number. After reporting, please retain your report card for 90 days for survey purposes and write your report confirmation number on it. Once a tag or report card has been reported, it may no longer be used in the field.
Click below to report your harvest.