Prospective License Agents
Thank you for your interest in becoming an authorized License Agent (Agent) for the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW). CDFW recently converted to an Automated License Data System (ALDS). To be considered as an Agent the following prerequisites must be provided:
- A high speed Internet connection (cable, DSL or satellite) at the outlets (locations) wishing to provide license sales.
- A bank account for weekly (Wednesday) Electronic Fund Transfer (EFTs) of CDFW funds. Agents are required to provide specific bank account information to CDFW at the time of application.
- Counter space approximately 12” High x 27” Wide x 14” Deep. Note: ALDS Internet Point of Sale (IPOS) equipment cabling is minimal; however, cabling for Internet connection and a power source must be considered when locating the IPOS equipment.
- The completion of a web-based Agent application and signed License Agent Contract.
- A refundable $1,000 equipment deposit, per outlet, due upon contract completion. Payment must be submitted in the form of a check or money order.
- A $15.00 weekly License Agent Terminal and Support Fee (LATS). The LATS fee is waived upon reaching the minimum sales threshold of $6,000 in license sales and is reviewed annually.
Finally, there are also business rules such as: staff training, proper care of the IPOS equipment and proper handling of customer and ancillary data information. For more information about ALDS refer to ALDS License Agent Information.
If you meet the conditions above and want to be considered for an Agent Account at this time or if you have any questions, contact the New Agent Account desk: (916) 928-5981, Agent.LRB@wildlife.ca.gov.