Hunter Education Program
1416 Ninth Street, Room 1326
Sacramento CA 95814
California Hunter Education Program
Forms & Supplies
- How to Apply for Upland Game Bird hunts (PDF)
- Class Announcement Poster 8X11 (PDF)
- 10 Commandment Poster available to order. For classrooms ONLY! Not for distribution to students. Sample here (PDF). Order from Kathy with your supply order.
- Student Hunter Education Certificate printing template. Use only with laser printers, not inkjet. Inkjet printers will smear on the certificates. Template (Word)
- 2015 Income and Expense Form (Excel)
- 2015 Income and Expense Form (PDF)
- 2014 Income and Expense Form (Excel)
- 2014 Income and Expense Form (PDF)
- Request for Class Fee Increase (PDF)
- 2015/16 Public Liability Form (PDF)
- 2015 Correspondence Course (PDF)
- Home Study/On-Line Hunter Education Course as of Aug 2015 (PDF)
- Instructors interested in buying clothing items from Cabela's with our hunter education logo on it may do so by contacting Cabela's at firstname.lastname@example.org. Give them our account number #85160096, tell them the item you want and request logo #30034168 “sans instructor." Logo sans "instructor" (PDF).
- Class Registrant Form (PDF)
- New Instructor Orientation Video
- Online Supply Order Form
Submit your class supply order instantly!
- Questions about supplies? Contact Kathy, email@example.com or (916) 651-9169
- Samaritan Login! Click here to log onto Samaritan and log your instructor class hours. https://ec.volunteernow.com/custom/1398
- 2015 Youth Conservation Essay Contest Winner, Madison Benedict(pictured below). Click here to read her winning entry(PDF). Congratulations Madison!
- 2015 Hunter Education Recruitment and Retention Hunts. These hunts and opportunities were donated with the intent to be used by a hunter education instructor to recognize their service. Unless they are for HEI and ‘Guest’ they can ONLY be used by the HEI who accepts the hunt. They are in NO WAY transferable. Any other use will not be permitted. Please place a number of preference in the HEI Preference Ranking Box so when you are called you may help with the timeliness of this process. GOOD LUCK!! 2015 HEI Incentive Hunt Donations (PDF)
- HEI Business Card Template. This template is in Word and fits Avery Template 8371 for business cards. Open the template in Microsoft Word. Input your name, phone number and/or email address and print onto Avery business card sheets. HEI Business Card Template (Word)
- Department Name Change
The California Department of Fish and Game (DFG) will become the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW), effective Jan. 1.
The new name was mandated by AB 2402, which was signed Sept. 25 by Gov. Edmund G. Brown Jr. and is one of numerous provisions passed into law during 2012 that affect the department.
“The name of the department was changed to better reflect our evolving responsibilities,” said Department Director Charlton H. Bonham. “As our role has grown to meet 21st century expectations, we remain committed to our traditional responsibilities and to honoring our deep roots in California’s natural resources legacy.”
Traditionally known as game wardens, the department’s law enforcement staff will now be called wildlife officers.
Californians will notice new Internet (www.wildlife.ca.gov) and email addresses for CDFW employees. The old URL and email addresses will continue to work indefinitely.
Many department materials will continue to bear the old name because AB 2402 reduced the cost associated with the name change by preventing CDFW from undergoing a wholesale turnover of materials, including signs, uniforms and supplies.
The mission of the department continues to be “to manage California's diverse fish, wildlife, and plant resources, and the habitats upon which they depend, for their ecological values and for their use and enjoyment by the public.”
In furtherance of that mission, the department carries out numerous responsibilities related to the commercial, recreational, educational and scientific use and enjoyment of California’s natural resources.
- Hunter Education Class Schedule changes
Is your class listing missing from the website? From now on, at the end of every year the schedule will be cleaned up and anyone not posting actual class dates will be deleted. For those of you who post "monthly" classes or "call for dates", you will now need to get your information to Huntered.firstname.lastname@example.org in Dec or Jan to be added to the schedule again. This is to help clean up the schedule postings. There are too many instructors who ask to be listed to "call for dates", but then don't take calls or stop offering classes without letting us know.
- Hunter Education Certificate Changes
In January 2005, the Department of Fish and Wildlife implemented a new Hunter Education Certificate that has unique numbering(ex: AB00000) eliminating the need for the validation stamp.
Effective January 1, 2008, hunters will no longer be required to purchase a Hunter Education Validation Stamp to affix to their Hunter Education Certificate, Fish and Game Code 3050(3). If customers still possess a Hunter Education Certificate issued prior to January 1, 2008, without a validation stamp, they can contact their nearest DFG License Sales Office to exchange for a new certificate with a unique number at no cost.
This will assist the customer should they attempt to hunt out of state where a hunter education certificate number is required on their hunting application.
- WANTED...Bilingual Instructors
We are in search of bilingual instructors! Specifically there is a great need for them in the greater Sacramento and Sierra foothills area. If you know anyone who is bilingual and would be interested in teaching Hunter Education, please call your District Coordinator and get them certified.
- Hunter Education Certificate Instructions
- Each certificate now has a unique certificate number, and the new certificates do not have the stub to tear off like the old ones. Duplicate certificates are identified as such on the front of the certificate. Most pens work for handwriting in the students information, you just have to let them dry for a minute or two. Sharpie's work great, but they also need some time to dry. Laser Printers work the best. For those of you who want a template to print the certificates with, see the Forms and Supply section above.
- There are duplicate certificates available if you are keeping records of the certificates you have issued. If a student has taken your class and lost their numbered certificate, you can issue them a duplicate, handwriting their original issued certificate number in the space provided.
- International Hunter
Education Instructor Resources
- User Name and Password
Contact Kathy Mammen to get it.
- User Name and Password