Fishing in the City
Sacramento Metro Area
For information about the Sacramento area Fishing in the City Program, contact Joe Ferreira: Joe.Ferreira@wildlife.ca.gov • (916) 358-2872
Free Fishing Instruction Clinics - Winter 2014
- Free Loan of rods, bait, and tackle (for up to 50 people)
- Anglers 16 years and older need a fishing license to fish in California
- Sponsored by CDFW; city, district and county parks departments; and other organizations as noted.
- Ponds stocked with RAINBOW TROUT
|Saturday, January 25||Florin Creek Park Clinic / Derby||8:30 a.m. - Noon||On Persimmon Drive, near Pomegranate, in south Sacramento.
Since the pond is very small, event space is reserved for kids under age 16 until 11 a.m. The pond is opened to all anglers after 11 a.m.
Sponsored by: Southgate Recreation and Park District; Parkway Neighborhood Association.
|Saturday, February 1||Hagan Park Fishing Clinic||8:30 a.m. - Noon||At the end of Chase Drive, off Coloma Road in Rancho Cordova.|
|Saturday, March 1||Oak Grove Park Derby in Stockton||6:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||At I-5 and Eight Mile Road, north of Stockton.
Sponsored by: San Joaquin County Park; Delta Flyfishers.
* On Free Fishing Days, you can fish anywhere in California without a fishing license but all other fishing regulations still apply.