- Overview / History
- Curriculum Aids
- Northern Region (includes counties of Del Norte, Humboldt, Lassen, Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama, and Trinity)
- North Central Region (includes counties of Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, El Dorado, Glenn, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo, and Yuba)
- Bay Delta Region (includes counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Lake, Marin, Mendocino, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, and Sonoma)
- Central Region (includes counties of Mariposa, Merced, Stanislaus, Tuolumne, Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Monterey, San Benito, San Luis Obispo, and Tulare)
- South Coast Region (includes counties of Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Santa Barbara, and Ventura)
- Inlands Region (includes counties of Imperial, Inyo, Mono, Riverside, and San Bernardino)
Bay Delta Region CAEP
Trout in the Classroom
Serving Alameda, Contra Costa, Lake, Marin, Mendocino, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, and Sonoma counties
You must have prior permission from DFG
to hatch and release trout.
A signed Form 772 (PDF) must be with eggs/fish at all times.
Contact Ethan Rotman at Ethan.Rotman@wildlife.ca.gov or (415) 892-0460 if you have any questions.
Releasing Rainbow Trout
|With appropriate authorization,
rainbow trout fry may be released into
|Trout may NOT be released into|
Releasing Steelhead Trout
|Release of Steelhead Trout from Warm Springs Hatchery||2013 Egg Pick Up Dates from Warm Springs Hatchery||Release of Steelhead Trout from Monterey Bay Salmon and Trout Education Program|
Eggs will be available for pick up 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. on the following dates:
With appropriate authorization, steelhead trout fry obtained from Monterey Bay Salmon and Trout Education Program may only be released into: