- Vegetation Classification Reports & Maps
- Vegetation Publications & Protocols
- Natural Communities
- Vegetation-related Links
Department of Fish & Wildlife
Biogeographic Data Branch
1700 9th Street, 4th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95811
1416 9th Street, Suite 1266
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 322-2493 • Email BDB
Natural Communities — For More Information
As with plants and animals, each formal vegetation type has authorship based on the first time the vegetation was quantitatively described. For a list of authors and references for the current list, you may consult A Manual of California Vegetation, use the spreadsheet version of the list, or contact us at the email addresses below.
A quick reference guide to the vegetation alliances and their page numbers in the MCVII is available on the CNPS Vegetation Program site.
We can also provide more detailed descriptions of some of the vegetation associations, or help you interpret the significance of vegetation encountered in project level assessment.
See also the following links:
- California Wetlands and Vernal Pool Information
- California Native Plant Society
- CalPhotos: Landscapes — Berkeley Digital Library Project
To contact VegCAMP directly:
- Todd Keeler-Wolf, Senior Vegetation Ecologist, email@example.com
- Diana Hickson, Senior Biogeographer, firstname.lastname@example.org