A subscription to the CNDDB includes:
- Access to RareFind 5, an Internet application that allows for querying of statewide data on rare species and natural community locations.
- Access to the CNDDB and Spotted Owl Data Viewer, an online map viewer.
- The CNDDB application RareFind 3 ©, including monthly data updates. RareFind 3 is a stand-alone, Windows-based software application with complex query and report capabilities. Tabular only, no maps.
- Access to CNDDB GIS data for use in ArcGIS or ArcView 3.x, with monthly updates.
- Access to the Spotted Owl Observations Database for use in ArcGIS or ArcView 3.x, with periodic updates.
All uses of data from the CNDDB are subject to the terms and conditions contained in the License Agreement.
CNDDB Annual Subscription
- Initial rate is $600 for 1 year, with annual renewals at $400/year.
- Should the subscription lapse six months or more, the initial rate of $600 will be charged.
- Subscription Order Form, or call Information Services at (916) 324-3812.
- For information about price increases, please see the December 2008 newsletter.
CNDDB Map Overlays and Text Reports
Each printed map is a vellum overlay of CNDDB data for a 1:24,000 scale USGS base map with text reports. Prices may vary depending on individual quad.
|1 Standard Vellum Map Overlay with Text Report/Quad (non-subscribers)||$ 60.00|
|1 Standard Overlay (CNDDB Subscribers)||$ 40.00|
|Additional Overlay Layers/Quad as needed||$ 15.00|
|Duplicate Overlays with same order||$ 15.00|
|Text Reports/Quad (non-subscribers)||$ 25.00|
|Rush Orders*||$ 50.00|
A standard order takes approximately two weeks to process and deliver. The standard order includes all occurrences on a USGS 7.5' quad. An additional charge for staff time will be added for custom requests.
All CNDDB requests are invoiced through the Department's Fiscal and Administration Services Branch. We will charge 50% of the total cost for cancellation of orders that we have taken, processed, but have not yet delivered. Orders that have been delivered cannot be returned, and no refund will be made.
For more information on CNDDB products and services, please call our Information Services Staff at (916) 324-3812, (916) 324-0475 (FAX), or e-mail us at email@example.com . You may also write us at:
Department of Fish and Wildlife
Biogeographic Data Branch
California Natural Diversity Database
1807 13th Street, Suite 202
Sacramento , CA 95811
* A Rush Order means that, for an additional $50, we will complete your order in 3 business days. We use California Overnight's standard next day delivery (sorry, no Saturday deliveries). However, please consider the current work load of our Information Services staff before you request a Rush.