CNDDB — Use of the Quick Viewer
The information in the Quick Viewer is not a substitute for the CNDDB. It is intended for general informational use only. It does not replace the need for conducting field work and does not meet the requirements of the California Environmental Quality Act.
The CNDDB Quick Viewer tool provides the user with a list of all CNDDB elements (species or natural communities) that have been documented by the CNDDB to occur on the selected USGS 7.5' topographic quad. This list may include both recent and historical records. Each element is listed only once regardless of how many occurrences are documented for that quad.
To view a list of species by quad
- Select a quad, either by using the pull-down list and typing the quad name, or by using the zoom-in tool to draw a box around the area of interest.
- Click on the CNDDB icon, then click on the desired quad to display the list.
- To view a list of elements with unprocessed data for a quad, click on the Unprocessed Data icon, then click on the desired quad to display the list.
- To view a list of elements for 9 quads centered on a particular quad, click on the "List CNDDB Species for 9 Quads" icon, then click on the desired quad.
To view a list of species by county
- Select a county by using the zoom-in tool to draw a box around the area of interest.
- Click on the county icon, then click on the desired county to display the list.
The list is ordered alphabetically by element code so that species from similar taxonomic groups (i.e. birds, fish, plants, etc) are listed together.
If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer v5.0 (or greater) and Microsoft Excel 2002 (Office XP) you may export the list to Excel by right-clicking on the list and choosing "Export to Microsoft Excel." Alternatively, you may export the list as a text file of comma-separated values.