CNDDB - Plants & Animals
CNDDB-related Plant Information
[PDF] Special Vascular Plants, Bryophytes and Lichens List (July 2014 - 1.3mb)
[PDF] Endangered, Threatened and Rare Plants List (July 2014 - 113kb)
[PDF] Changes to the CNDDB Special Vascular Plants, Bryophytes and Lichens List (July 2014 - 513kb)
[PDF] How Revisions Are Made to the Special Plants, Bryophytes, and Lichens List (November 2011 - 24kb)
CNDDB-related Animal Information
[PDF] Special Animals List (January 2011 - 186kb)
[PDF] Endangered and Threatened Animals List (August 2014 - 167kb)
[PDF] General Information for Submitting Avian Detections to the CNDDB (December 2010 - 102kb)
Other Information Sources
- Jepson Interchange - botanical resource for California
- California Native Plant Society
- California Native Plant Status Reports
Rare plant status reports were produced at various times between 1977 and 1993 for selected species native to California. Note that the most reliable information in the status reports will be the plant description and synonomy; often there is also a useful drawing or photograph. The distribution and status information is out of date for the majority of these reports.
- Mitigation Guidelines Regarding Impacts to Rare, Threatened and Endangered Plants – CNPS Advisory Committee
- Amphibians, Reptiles, Birds, and Mammals - Life History Notes & Range Maps
- Special Status Invertebrate Species Accounts
Photographs & Maps
- CalPhotos - UC Berkeley Digital Library Project. A collection of photos of plants, animals, fossils, people, and landscapes from around the world.
- BIOS - Online USGS topo maps and much more. If you have data in decimal degrees, deg/min/sec, or UTM, you can use BIOS to map your location using NAD83, the datum used by the CNDDB. Print out the map and mail with your field survey form to the CNDDB.