Other GIS Links
BIOGEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION & OBSERVATION SYSTEM
Spotted Owl Report Generator Help
Special Selection Analysis and Reports:
This tool runs a custom query and generates reports based on selected Township/Range/Sections (also known as Public Land Survey System or PLSS). To run this custom query on the Spotted Owl layer, features (Sections) must first be selected from the PLSS layer.
Step 1: Select features (Sections) from the PLSS layer.
- Click in the checkbox to the left of the Spotted Owl Territories layer name to turn it ON.
Then click the Map Refresh button in the upper left to refresh the map to draw the Owl layer.
- Click on the zoom tool , then click on the map to zoom into your area of interest.
- Click in the checkbox to the left of the PLSS layer name to turn it ON.
- Click on the PLSS layer name in the Table of Contents to make it the Active Layer.
(It may already be the Active Layer - it should have a blue background.)
- Click the Map Refresh button in the upper left to refresh the map to draw the PLSS layer.
- Select the Sections in the PLSS layer that you are interested in by using one of the selection tools.
To select graphically on screen, use the Graphically Select tool:
The Sections that you select should show up in yellow on the map.
Step 2: Run the Analysis.
- Click on the Spotted Owl Territories layer name to make it the Active Layer.
- Click on the Special Functions tool in the toolbar (button on the far left of the toolbar):
- Click on the Begin Analysis button on the small window that pops up.
Step 3: View the Reports.
- Click on any of the Available Report buttons to view each report.
NOTE: As a by-product, this process creates "Selected Sets" on both the Spotted Owl Territories layer and the PLSS layer. To read more about these, and how to clear them, see the full Help.