For more information contact email@example.com
CDFW Climate College
In support of CDFW’s Science Institute initiative, the Fish and Wildlife Strategic Vision and the upcoming strategic vision process, the CDFW Climate Science Program is proud to announce the first of its kind lecture series on climate change as it relates to the mission of CDFW. The CDFW Climate College is designed to cover the fundamentals of climate science and provide tools and resources necessary to empower participants to better incorporate climate change into their professional responsibilities. In the spirit of increasing climate literacy and partnership the course is open to all partners and the public. We encourage all who are interested to participate either in person or via WebEx.
Climate College overview video (6 minutes)
- CDFW STAFF REGISTRATION
- ALL OTHER PARTICIPANTS: If you are not a CDFW staff member please register by sending an email to Registrar@dfg.ca.gov with your name, email address, organization, and whether or not you intend to participate in-person or via WebEx.
*Note: You must register for each individual lecture/class at least two days prior to the scheduled lecture. If you would like to register for ALL classes at once, please submit a request to Registrar@dfg.ca.gov indicating that you would like to register for every class in the course.
*Note: Expect a registration confirmation prior to the lecture. Check your junk mail/spam before contacting the registrar.
What to Expect
- A 10 month training course that includes one lecture (1-2 hours) each month from a guest speaker (all presentation will be webcast live, recorded, and posted online)
- Recommended reading materials
- Participate in an online climate change discussion forum (CDFW staff only)
- Present a project at the awards reception with CDFW leadership, conservation partners, and fellow colleagues.
- Participants who complete the course and project will receive a certificate of completion from CDFW, the opportunity to share their final project with the Director and Executive Leadership in Sacramento (see participation requirements below), and receive certification credits from the Wildlife Society if desired.
Opportunities for Climate Change Training Certification
- All participants who complete the course and project will receive a certificate of completion from CDFW.
- CDFW staff can receive certification on their employee record from the Office of Training and Development for completing the entire course. Each lecture that you register for and attend will be noted by OTD on your training record.
- All participants are eligible to receive certification from The Wildlife Society.